In many societies there are special ceremonies for celebrating the different stages in life. The Hindu tradition is no exception. There are many different ceremonies performed. Below is a list of the main ones.
These ceremonies are said to:
- Sanctify the atmosphere and relationships
- Increase auspiciousness
- Eliminate bad karma and purify the body, mind, and soul
- Smooth the path of spiritual progress
- Provide a ceremonial focus for spiritual processes such as chanting sacred mantras
- Help support one socially, culturally, and spiritually for elevation in life
These ceremonies are performed for the benefit of both the individual and the family, and can be performed either in one’s home or at the temple. The first ceremony is considered to be that of marriage, since the family is given its birth through the union of husband and wife.
- Marriage Ceremony
- Name Giving
- First Grains
- New Dwelling
- Invoking Auspiciousness
Radhadesh has space for up to 200 guests for both the ceremony and the restaurant for a delicious vegetarian meal after the ceremony.
Malati Devi Dasi
+32 (0)86 40 18 39